Drippy Nails - Easter Style & Liebster Award!

Hi guys! I don't have huge amounts to say about these aside from the fact I felt obliged to paint something Easter-y (not a word), so we'll cut to the chase.

I wasn't really feeling these after painting them, which is probably why I'm less than enamoured with the design now. It's probably just because I'm sad that a) pastels give me a serious case of the lobster hands and b) I had to paint four coats of each polish. Four! But despite these pesky little problems, I still buy pastel polishes because I'm an idiot. Moving on, from L to R, we have Bourjois Rose Satin, Illamasqua Load (hehehe), Revlon Minted, and Essie Lilacism. The faded looking Easter egg patterns were all mixed in with slightly darker polishes, but my poor sleep deprived brain can't remember which ones now. Boo. The chocolate drips were a combo of China Glaze Call of the Wild and Rimmel Beige Babe. The more I look at these, the more I hate them so I'm thinking some proper nail-artin'll be happening very soon!

Also, before I forget, the lovely Melissa of Claw of Cthulhu nominated me for a Liebster Award! I only recently discovered her blog, but her blogposts are full of pretty swatches and never fail to make me laugh!
The deets:
This award was designed to be a blog award in the "pay it forward" fashion. Once you've been nominated, you award it to five blogs that you like that have fewer than 200 followers, to encourage new visitors to visit these blogs.

The rules for accepting this award are:

You need to thank the person who gave you the award and link back to their blog. Post the award onto your blog. Give the award to five bloggers who you appreciate that have fewer than 200 followers. Leave a comment on their blog letting them know that you have given them this awesome award!


I'm fairly new to this whole blogging thing and all, but my picks right now (drumroll please) are:
Kirstie of Nail Cake 
Stephanie of Paper Thin Nails
Meghan of Will Paint Nails For Food
Kristin of Rainy Sun Ray Nails
Lex of Storm And Stars

So yeah, some great blogs to check out! I'm basically on a little blogging version of an Easter Egg hunt right now tracing back through other people tagged to find more fab nail blogs to follow - it's more fun than you'd think!

4 comments:

  1. I literally LOL'd when I read "Illamasqua Load (hehehe)" - OMG, the names for some of these polishes, am I right?! Damn girl, your nail art is just perfect. Every time I'm floored. I hope I can be as good as you one day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually want to hug whoever came up with that name, it's brilliant! I definitely don't think I'm as good as you're making me out to be, but thank you so much! It means a lot to me.

      Delete
  2. omg i love it! they look so tasty!

    galorious.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks! All I need now is some real chocolate to go along with it...

      Delete