When Life Gives You Lemons...

...Paint them on your nails!

Now, confession time. I'm not exactly well-versed in this blogging thing, despite having had a Tumblr page for eons. However, I decided to take the plunge today with (potentially) my favourite design of all time: LEMONS!


The thing that I love most about these is that they look pretty complex (for me anyway!) despite being so incredibly easy to paint. It just took a little while due to the whole colour mixing debacle! 

Starting with a boring ol' white base, I freehanded on some random lemon-y shapes, then added a couple of slightly darker patches to make 'em look a little more 3D. Then, using a minuscule striping brush, I added the dots and the outlines to the lemons. 

With the same brush, I went back and squiggled on a few branches in the empty spaces, then added a few leaves to spice it up a little. I have to say, I love the end result!

Image Source
And there's a little picture of the nailspo itself. Not entirely sure what inspired the lemony idea, but this was perfect for translating onto the nail. 

No comments:

Post a Comment