Five A Day

A couple of weeks ago, I painted some lemon print inspired nails which turned out really nicely (to my eyes anyway). Anyway, after painting them I thought to myself, "wouldn't it be great if I could do some kind of gradient with these with different types of fruit?" and so the super awesome idea for a fruity gradient was born.

 From left to right, we have apples, oranges, lemons, limes, and blueberries. Also, as it's been pointed out to me many times, blueberries don't grow on trees. Who needs realism anyway?! Anyway, I used a whole bunch of polishes to paint these, and still had to mix even more. This is why I need more polish.

I figured I'd try to list as many polishes as possible, so here we go! I started with a base of OPI My Vampire Is Buff since I wanted to test drive the design on an off-white base (still looking hawt even if I do say so myself). Next, with my favourite mid-length striper brush I freehanded on fruit-like shapes using China Glaze Adventure Red-y, Rimmel Apricot Punch, OPI The 'It' Color, a combination of Essie Mojito Madness, China Glaze Def Defying and Holly-Day, with Barry M Indigo and Rimmel Aqua Cool on the pinky. I mixed various different shades using these colours along with mix-ins of white, Rimmel Beige Babe and China Glaze Kalahari Kiss for all the detailing, which I painted on with my longest, skinniest striper brush. 

I have to say, my favourite thing about this design is that it looks complex and detailed, when in fact it's ridiculously easy. If it didn't take so long (I'd say about three hours with all the colour mixing and drying time), then I'd be doing manis like this a whole lot more often!

5 comments:

  1. Holy.... moly.... your nail art... the skill... is overwhelming! You have sick skillz! I don't think I could do this even if I had an entire day. This is brilliant. The detailing is so fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry that I suck at replying! Trust me, it really doesn't take a lot of skill (or skillz, I'm totally stealing that) just boredom, a couple of hours, and a pretty much non-existent detailing brush! Thank you though!

      Delete
  2. I lovve the gradient!! I agree with the commenter above, you have some mad nail art skillz.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty in love with it too! And thank you!

      Delete
  3. Nice Blog :)

    You are invited to my "International Giveaway by Born Pretty Store".
    http://beauty-fulll.blogspot.com/2013/03/international-giveaway-by-born-pretty.html

    ReplyDelete