A-England Water Marble

Generally, I try to avoid the water marbling technique like the plague, but I decided to give it another shot. I've found from previous attempts (read failures) that the best results happen when I stick to one brand of polishes. I'd tried out a-england Dragon before, but I wanted to test a-england Tristam out as well.

This was actually surprisingly easy to do! I stuck with the typical flower pattern when drawing out the design, but dipped different fingers in different areas since I wanted some variation (that and I probably wouldn't be able to make them all look the same). I considered adding a silver holo to the mix as well, but decided against it in the end. 


I opted for OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls as the base, and OPI Don't Touch My Tutu! to marble with. I've found that marbling with jellies/sheers helps the polish to spread out, so I usually try to incorporate one into the mix. I was very happy with how these turned out; bubbling aside, the patterns all seemed pretty crisp and there was the added bonus of the holographic effect in direct light! Stupidly, I forgot to take a picture of these in direct sunlight which is doubly annoying as it was actually sunny today.

5 comments:

  1. I love the colour combo, they turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Sorry I forgot to let you know but I nominated you for this blog award. Enjoy! http://www.lacquerlily.com/2013/03/my-first-blog-award.html?m=1 and beautiful mani btw!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is super amazing A England is hands down my favourite brand. This is a spectacular water marble as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adina really does have some stunning polishes - I know I just have to get my hands on her newest collection! And thank you!

      Delete