Dragon Inspired

Morning everyone! I realised I'd been using a-england Dragon a lot recently, which prompted me to paint a little something inspired by its namesake.

I didn't want to paint an entire dragon, so I painted the first things that spring to mind when I think 'dragon'. I actually used more than one brush to do this (I was shocked too): the skinniest and second skinniest striping brushes. I started with a base of OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls, then used a-england Dragon on all the dragon sections, which is pretty obvious when you think about it. The belly and claws were painted with China Glaze Kalahari Kiss, and the fire was OPI The 'It' Color, Essie Meet Me At Sunset and China Glaze Adventure Red-y. I then outlined everything with Barry M Black.


I'm actually really happy with how these turned out - surprisingly, I love the semi-cartoon style of painting here!

4 comments:

  1. I love freehand! These are so cool, I wanna try! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another nail art that you absolutely nailed. Love the dragon belly and tail!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic! Dragons are pretty much the best so this is perfect. Super cool!

    ReplyDelete