It's My Birthday And I'll Paint If I Want To!

Hey everyone! Since it's my birthday today, I wanted to paint something relatively quick, but still kinda cute. I did have something else mapped out, but after starting the first nail I just wasn't feeling it. You know that feeling of excitement you get when you paint something really cool? That was non-existent. On a recent haul I'd picked up OPI You're Such A Budapest, so I decided to start with it and see what happened.

As weird inspiration sources go, I think this is definitely one of the strangest. I actually picked up the rose design from a pair of my mum's pyjamas - bit odd, but roses are ridiculously easy to do, so I nabbed the pattern. The stripes were just a bit of an ad-lib but I like how they contrast the flowers. Additionally to YSAB, I used Barry M Matt White, Essie Lilacism, Revlon Impulsive, Illamasqua Caress, and a combination of Essie Mojito Madness and China Glaze Holly-Day for the leaves.

I have to say, I'm pretty head over heels for this colour combination. Definitely prefer this effort to last year, especially since I can't actually remember what I was sporting then! I can't find any photographical evidence at all, making this my top birthday mani like, ever. Awesome.

10 comments:

  1. Happy birthday, talented miss! I hope you have an amazing day, starting off with those amazing nails!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you! My day's actually almost over (time zones are weird) but it's been pretty great thanks!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks! I guess it does have a kind of vintage vibe!

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday!
    I love your nails, so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! Hope you had a great one. Your mani is perfect for the occasion.

    I nominated you for the Liebster Award! The award nominee rules are at my blog (link below). Congrats and I think your blog is awesome!

    http://kellysnailblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! I've actually already been nominated for the Liebster Award, but thanks so much for nominating me again, it means a lot!

      Delete
  5. I just found your blog earlier today and THIS is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Curse my tendency for late replies! Thank you so much!

      Delete