31DC2013: Day 3 - Yellow Nails

It was unbelievably difficult for me to not just post up a picture of my nails without polish for this prompt since they're incredibly stained and yellow right now but that sight isn't for the faint-hearted, I resisted the temptation. Instead, I turned to Google for some much-needed inspiration. I stumbled upon this pattern, and so decided to replicate it with a slightly more yellow-based colour scheme.

I started with a base of Illamasqua Load, a polish with a name that never fails to make me giggle uncontrollably (I'm incredibly immature). I then taped off each of the nails with an insane amount of striping tape, then filled in each of the diamond shapes with Essie Meet Me At Sunset, Zoya Arizona, China Glaze Orange You Hot?, OPI The 'It' Color, Revlon Electric, and OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls to create the harlequin pattern.


Despite nearly going slightly crazy with all the striping tape placement, I really like how these turned out. I think I am going to have to take a break from the stuff soon - I'm beginning to miss freehanded work!

4 comments:

  1. Love them!
    That must have taken lots of patience to do all that striping tape! I have some but I haven't tried it yet. I should take it out soon to give it a go.

    I nominated you for a Best Blog Award! You can find all the details in my post of today. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'd definitely recommend trying it out - it can be a bit fiddly and frustrating, but there are endless possibilities with what you can create with it!

      Also, thank you again! I'll get round to making a post about that soon.

      Delete
  2. Wow amazing! I have never used striping tape but I always see such amazing work with it. Maybe one day soon. I love this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! And go for it - I know I always complain about it, but it's hard to go wrong with striping tape.

      Delete