31DC2013: Day 5 - Blue Nails

Blue is definitely one of my favourite colours, but whilst I have a surplus of blue polish in my stash, I was seriously lacking in inspiration for this prompt. When this happens, I have two standards, the first being to Google for inspiration, and the second being floral patterns. Since I hadn't painted a floral in far too long (just over a week), I thought what the hell, and got painting. 

 In a shocking turn of events, I used OPI My Vampire Is Buff for the base polish. I then added the flowers using Essie Butler Please, Revlon Dreamer, and Essie Lapis of Luxury with my favourite mid-length striper brush. 


Now that I'm typing this post, I think that (whilst I adore this colour combo) I should've added more detail, since it looks more boring in these pictures than it actually did. I would try to remedy this, but I've already taken it off to start working on the Day 6 prompt! Hopefully now that I'm on study leave, I'll be able to post more regularly, with the exception of the days I have to sit exams on. Yay!

3 comments:

  1. Such a good colour combination! From the thumbnail, I thought all the flowers had happy faces (like the star from Super Mario). PLEASE DO A SUPER MARIO ONE SOON, LOL. I couldn't pull it off but with your art painting skillz, I bet you could!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, that's a great idea! I just might have to steal it sometime - watch this space!

      Delete
  2. These are awesome! I love the slightly off white base colour!

    ReplyDelete