31DC2013: Day 6 - Violet Nails

Last summer, I remember being blown away by Eva (Coewless Polish)'s unique galaxy nails, so when I saw the colour prompt violet, I knew I just had to try to recreate the purple version. Whilst these are nowhere near as good as the original, I'm still insanely happy with how these turned out!

Starting out, I knew I just had to use Zoya Aurora for the base - partially because its holographic shards look like stars, but mainly because IT'S THE COOLEST POLISH EVER. I kid you not, if I could marry a bottle of polish, it'd be this one (swatch below). I'm not 100% which other polishes I used, since there were so many, but I know Max Factor Fantasy Fire, OPI You're Such a Budapest and Rimmel Rose Libertine were all involved in this crazy holo galaxy.



Zoya Aurora. I don't even know where to begin with this. Zoya describe Aurora as "a full coverage, medium sugarplum purple flecked with a high concentration of micro fine diamond holographic glitter", which I think pretty much sums it up! The jelly base applies flawlessly, and builds up really easily. Shown is three coats.



Overall, I'm really happy with how these turned out; I usually get bored and/or frustrated with galaxy manis, but I don't ever want to take these off! The holo alone is gorgeous, but at some angles, Fantasy Fire catches the light and shows off its multi-chromatic fabulousness, and I die a little bit inside. I've got a feeling that the Day 7 prompt won't be happening for a while.

8 comments:

  1. These look amazing! And Zoya Aurora is just WOW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! And it has to be said, Aurora is one gem of a polish!

      Delete
  2. I too was blown away by coewless polish's galaxy nail art.. but this is mesmerizing! Amazing job!! I follow your instagram but now I follow on here so I am sure not to miss a post! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, that's really kind of you to say! I really appreciate comments like this - thanks again! :)

      Delete
  3. Probably my favourite galaxy nails I've ever seen. Coewlesspolish did my fave too but you did such a beautiful take. I love the colours. Perfection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was super happy with how these turned out!

      Delete
  4. HOLY BANANA CRACKERS! I can't even type I'm just scrolling back up to stare.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I was staring at these pretty much constantly after painting them!

      Delete