31DC2013: Day 7 - Black & White Nails

Hey everyone! I know I said I'd try to post every two days since I'm on study leave now, but I was completely besotted with the previous prompt's galaxy nails and so couldn't bring myself to take them off. Whilst I don't love their replacement as much as I loved them, I think this is a pretty cute pattern.

Since I actually need to stock up on black polish again, I started with a base of Essie Stylenomics which isn't technically black, BUT it's about as dark as a green can go without becoming black. This is insanely glossy without topcoat, but my camera freaked out after I added some, causing the blinding glare you can see here! I wanted the daisies to look wispy and delicate, so I lightly brushed on Barry M Matt White with a brush that I'd recently cut down, then added small dots using OPI The 'It' Color.


This definitely isn't my favourite design ever, but I think it's got it's own kind of charm. It has also helped me to avoid revising for my exam tomorrow, which, now that I think about it, probably isn't a great thing. Priorities. 

1 comment: