31DC2013: Day 8 - Metallic Nails

So, this is incredibly late. Not too happy with myself for not sticking to my posting schedule, but I actually have a decent excuse! I went to Slam Dunk Festival at the weekend, didn't photograph my original design for this before that and damaged it, then spent the whole of yesterday recovering. Bad blogger. Anyway, I'm not a huge fan of metallic polishes, so I had to have a little think about what I wanted to do with this prompt. After a little mental argument with myself about which colour metallic to go for, I went for silver. Since I always think that silver and purple work really nicely together, I dug out the striping tape and got started!

OPI You're Such A Budapest was the base on all but my accent nails - Barry M Silver Foil Effects covered those. After waiting an insane amount of time, I randomly taped off different sections in the laser-cut style. On my accent nails, I painted a generous coat of Revlon Impulsive, with Essie Lilacism on the rest, then removed the striping tape. Once this had dried, I I placed some more tape down, then added Impulsive over the rest of the nails to tie the look together. Everything was topped off with two coats of Seche Vite to smooth out all the lumps and bumps.


With the exception of my index finger (those lines are waaay too sloppy), I'm really happy with how these turned out! For once in my life, the colour combination actually worked as well on the nail as it did in my head, and that never happens. Success!

4 comments:

  1. All those colours go perfectly together! Man I should really get some striping tape. I've always loved the look of these kinds of manis but I also think I have no patience with sticky things. We'll see! Amazing nail art AS ALWAYS MY DEAR! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And, as always, thank you so much! You definitely have to give striping tape a go - patience is definitely a must but the outcome's always really cool!

      Delete
  2. This is pretty fantastic, striping tape can be such a pain in the butt! Theres such a fine line between waiting too long and not long enough to peel it off. Fantastic job though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, very true! I adore using striping tape to create designs, so I'm happy to wait for the base to dry. Thank you!

      Delete