31DC2013: Day 9 - Rainbow Nails

For this prompt, I did something really uncharacteristic. I...water-marbled. What?! Crazy, I know. I rarely water-marble, since I nearly always end up frustrated with the results, but last night for some unknown reason I decided to give it a shot again. To be fair, it was about 1am so my recklessness was relatively justifiable, but I'm still a little surprised at myself!

 I used a fair few polishes in this design since I wanted to do rainbow skittles, so I'll break it all down in a nice little bullet point list! All of these polishes were sandwiched between Barry M Matt White and L'Oreal Confetti.
    • Thumb - Revlon Sassy, Barry M Cyan Blue
    • Index - Barry M Peach Melba, Essie Tart Deco
    • Middle - Essie Lapis of Luxury, Barry M Indigo
    • Ring - Zoya Arizona, Revlon Cherries In The Snow
    • Pinky - China Glaze Exotic Encounters, China Glaze I'm With The Lifeguard

I was actually pretty happy with how this marble turned out; whilst it definitely wasn't my best ever, the patterns were actually fairly decent. There was a little bit of bubbling, and the pattern hadn't quite reached the cuticle of my pinky, so I added a coat of black and white glitter to cover it all up and make it a little more edgy. Glitter makes everything better.

6 comments:

  1. I love solid black and white glitters! I wish I could see your full water marble before you added the glitter - some of the patterns look very cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm still kicking myself over not taking pictures, but I was in a near-zombie state at the time so photos were forgotten!

      Delete
  2. The water marble design on your pinky looks awesome! I really love the black and white glitter over these bright colors :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I was really happy with that design, but annoyingly, it didn't quite reach the cuticle. Grr.

      Delete