31DC2013: Day 11 - Polka Dots

This prompt couldn't have come at a better time for me; since it's exam season, I've been spending as much time as possible revising, meaning that right now, entire days are being dedicated to plant biology. Lovely. Unfortunately, this means I don't have a huge amount of time to spend on my nails (*sobs*), so it was just a quick dotticure for me today!

 I came across a pattern similar to this whilst browsing Shutterstock, and decided it was perfect for what I wanted: something quick, but with enough visual impact to not be boring. Instead of using a flat black for a base, I went with Color Club Revvvolution, a deep charcoal with a subtle holographic finish. Since it'd probably take me forever and a day to list all the polishes I used for the spots, I'll be skipping that this time! I can, however, tell you that I used three different dotting tools to alternate the sizes of the spots.

I think this took me about 10-15 minutes total, and I really love it for something so simple and fast! My favourite designs are usually the more detailed, time-consuming ones, but it's always great to find something slightly easier that looks pretty cool!

2 comments:

  1. That's the best part about anything that include a dotting tool - it seems like it's super easy and quick for something fun! Have you tried Color Club Beyond? That black holo? So good, I am in love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never really give my dotting tools enough credit; they're perfect for easy, rushed manis! If the shipping costs weren't so crazy, I'd already own half the Halo Hues collections but alas, it seems nail polish companies hate the UK!

      Delete