31DC2013: Day 12 - Stripes

It's been a while, hasn't it? I've been slowly drowning in revision and exam stress, but I managed to escape to make a little bit of progress with the challenge. When the promotional images for the OPI Bond Girls collection were released earlier this year, I have to admit that I wasn't particularly enthused, and turned my nose up at the collection. However, my sister bought me Honey Ryder (if you're reading this, you're awesome), and I had to eat my words because HOLY WOW it's amazing. Since I had to use it as soon as possible, I went for a quick striping tape manicure as I'm apparently incapable of resisting the lure of the tape.

 I categorise my nail polish by brand, and then by colour within that, so when putting Honey Ryder away on my shelf, it found itself sitting next to OPI Goldeneye. I figured it'd be pretty cool to put the two together in a striping tape mani, since the two really juxtapose each other: warm tones vs cool tones; textured vs smooth; shiny vs matte. And I do believe that (even though I say so myself) I was right! The pair really contrast each other, and it looks really cool in different lighting situations - you're just going to have to believe me on that count since I'm pretty terrible at all this photography business!


To let both polishes really shine through, I placed two pieces of striping tape side by side to create these thick stripes. This made the processes of applying and removing the tape so much faster, so you'll probably catch me trying it again in order to save time!


Additional bonus swatch of Honey Ryder on my 'Cinderella hand' - I usually avoid doing nail art on my right hand since a) it's usually incredibly sloppy and b) I'm the laziest person ever, but I almost prefer this hand for once; it's just so incredibly sparkly and pretty and wow. I never thought I'd get into this textured trend, but I think I've finally been converted!

3 comments:

  1. Ah this looks amazing! Did you use a top coat? It looks super glossy! I really want more textured polishes but I think I'll wait for Zoya's fall line up. :D :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I didn't use topcoat on the textured polish, but the glare from the lighting doesn't quite represent its true texture. I'm with you on Zoya's fall collection though - it looks absolutely stunning!

      Delete
  2. i love this soooo hard, im totally doing it!

    ReplyDelete