31DC2013: Day 13 - Animal Print

Wanting to avoid the more typical animal print variations, I searched around until I found my inspiration: lizards. More specifically - and according to Wikipedia -  Carolina anoles. Since I'm still pretty short on time and energy (I finish my exams in two days!), I went for a quick dotticure.


Image source (I think!)
This was the image that inspired me; I considered adding an accent nail to show the pink throat, but decided against it. I mixed a few different shades to create this, but I used OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls as the base (the temptation to use a lizard-inspired polish got the best of me), China Glaze Def Defying, Revlon Sassy, and Barry M Cyan Blue, with mix-ins of Essie Mojito Madness and China Glaze I'm With The Lifeguard. I used my smallest two dotting tools to create the pattern, but applied varying amounts of pressure to get different sizes of 'scales'.


 For something that took all of 20 minutes, I'm really happy with how it turned out. The dots could've been more dense to give a more scaly finish, but I still think this is pretty cool!

5 comments:

  1. I love this! It would be interesting to see what it would look like with a pink accent finger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm thinking I might add one now...we'll see!

      Delete
  2. You can never go wrong with a dotticure! I am glad yours really turned out. As soon as I started adding more and more dots to create this level of density, mine unfortunately bleed into another too much. You've got a good eye and hand!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Sadly that did happen with a few dots, but I mostly managed to avoid that happening thankfully. I found that if I spaced out the dots when I began then worked to fill up any gaps, which probably helped to keep them from bleeding into each other!

      Delete
  3. You are invited to my "International Giveaway sponsored by Naked Minerals."

    Visit: http://beauty-fulll.blogspot.com/2013/06/international-giveaway-by-naked-minerals.html

    ReplyDelete