31DC2013: Day 14 - Flowers

Hey everyone! Just a quick post today since I've made plans to camp out during a storm tonight in a post-exam celebration - exciting stuff! As anyone who's stuck around for a while would know, my favourite florals to paint are roses, and since my Lush Lacquer Clowning Around order arrived a couple of days ago (which I've been rocking in a jelly sandwich on my Cinderella hand), I decided to try out some neon roses to match up.

I won't list the neon/bright polishes I used for the flowers since there were were so many, but I used a base of OPI Glints of Glinda, and the leaves are painted with my favourite neon ever, China Glaze I'm With The Lifeguard. I used my slightly-chunkier-skinny-striper for the flowers, and my skinniest for the leaves.


Generally I steer clear of neons, so this colour combo is pretty unexpected for me! I do love the way they pop against Glints of Glinda, so expect similar future combinations!

2 comments:

  1. I really like the nude/sheer/neutral base here - it makes the flowers really pop and gives them a bit of fragility. I dig it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm really into pairing sheer bases with more opaque designs right now; negative space designs never seemed liked something I'd be into but they're definitely growing on me!

      Delete