31DC2013: Day 15 - Delicate Print

I usually find the prompt 'delicate' irritatingly vague, but this time around I figured that a floral in an array of nude polishes would suffice. Floral patterns tend to be quite dainty and delicate, and coupled with a washed out colour scheme (because nude polish is the greatest thing ever), I think this fits the bill!

Apologies for the blurry pictures - my camera slipped out of macro mode without me realising. That may have been a slight exaggeration, but it felt like that! I started with a base of Barry M Matt White, then freehanded on some floral silhouettes using a long striper brush and OPI My Vampire Is Buff, Barry M Lychee, and OPI Don't Pretzel My Buttons. It was looking a little plain with just the flowers, so I also added dots using Lychee and Rimmel Beige Babe. Everything was still looking a little too stark, so I added two coats of OPI Glints of Glinda to soften it all up.


I have to admit that I wasn't keen on this at all when I first painted it, but it's slowly growing on me. I'm definitely not in love with it yet since it isn't as crisp as I'd like it to be, but I might just chalk that up to old brushes in need of replacing!

No comments:

Post a Comment