31DC2013: Day 16 - Tribal Print

Good evening/morning/relevant greeting for your respective time-zone everyone! I was actually really surprised with how much I enjoyed the result for today's prompt, so let's get straight to it.

I usually trial designs on my thumb before I continue on my whole hand, which is why the design's slightly different there. I had first thought to use tape to create the print, but I wasn't a huge fan of how it turned out. For the rest of my nails, I started with a base of Barry M Matt White, then added super skinny vertical lines with Essie Stylenomics (blackened green) and a striping brush. I then filled in some of the spaces created using China Glaze Manhunt (blue), Essie Da Bush (sage green), China Glaze Sea Spray (grey), and Essie Beyond Cozy (champagne glitter). I then went back in with my brush and Stylenomics to create the tribal patterns.


I've just noticed that there's a stray hair on my hand, which is less than ideal. Whoopsie! Anyway, I've never really been tribal print's #1 fan, but I think this has been really successful for somebody who usually tries to avoid line-work like the plague. Macro photography does really bring into focus all the tiny slip-ups, but to the naked eye, these look pretty great!

6 comments:

  1. Haha I wouldn't have noticed the stray hair if you hadn't mentioned it - the nails are too good to look anywhere else! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah well, I had literally only just noticed it whilst typing this up, which is strange since you'd have thought I've had noticed it during the editing process... thank you anyway!

      Delete
  2. These look so good! Love your color choices :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have a tendency to stick to certain colour palettes, so I try to branch out every now and then

      Delete
  3. I love this! The design is so detailed and the colour choices work really well together! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I had to keep re-doing lines since I was getting a little ocd over this, so I'm glad it all paid off!

      Delete