31DC2013: Day 19 - Galaxies

Since all I ever do is start posts with apologies, I'll continue with the tradition today; my laptop decided to expire on me, so after trying - and failing - to fix it, I've been attempting to set up a temporary solution to allow me to continue posting. Sorry for disappearing! It remains to be seen whether it'll work, but let's get down to today's challenge prompt: galaxies.


I considered recreating the galaxy pattern that I created for Day 6, but decided to switch it up for a little ombré action. Many, many polishes were used for this look, but I'll try to give the low-down on them all! From thumb to pinky, the base polishes were: Barry M Black Multi Glitter, OPI Russian Navy, OPI Every Month Is Oktoberfest, Zoya Aurora, Zoya Blaze. I then topped the non-holographic polishes (both OPI) with the Pretty & Polished Halo TC. I used three coats for a strong holo effect.

Using a cut-up makeup sponge and tweezers, I then added China Glaze Purr-fect Plum, Essie Lapis of Luxury, Max Factor Fantasy Fire, OPI You're Such A Budapest, Essie Dive Bar, and Revlon Cherries In The Snow. After a topping of Seche Vite, I added the stars using a detailing brush and Essie Blanc.


Despite this taking so long to be uploaded, I personally think it was pretty worth the wait! As I've said before, I'm a big fan of Coewless Polish's galaxy style, so I'm always happy with the results when I try to imitate it. The ombré could have been a little smoother, but since it's so sparkly and holographic I'm relatively happy with it!

4 comments:

  1. Man I really ought to try doing galaxies again. You make them look so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for it! They're definitely one of my favourite things to do if I'm a little short on time, especially since they always turn out pretty nice. Thank you!

      Delete