31DC2013: Day 20 - Water Marble

I've said it before and I'll say it again: water marbling is one of the most torturous activities known to humankind. Whilst that may sound like an overstatement, I've failed at the technique enough times to vouch for its difficulty. On occasion however, I actually manage to create a decent pattern, and I think today may have been one of those days!


Usually I only marble with two or three polishes, but today I threw caution to the wind and used four! Essie Blanc was used as the base as well as in the marble with Illamasqua Caress, Essie Not Just A Pretty Face, and OPI You're Such A Budapest.


Because the colour palette is quite subtle and faded, this didn't quite photograph accurately - it's a little more intense in person - but I'm still really happy with the patterns I managed to create!

6 comments:

  1. I love these colors together and I would definitely agree that this was a successful water marble :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was worried that it wouldn't quite show up since it's quite subtle, but I'm glad it did!

      Delete
  2. The pattern is VERY lovely! I also like the subtle pastel colours together - very lovely and it works!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm definitely a big fan of this colour combo, and thankfully they all co-operated and marbled nicely together!

      Delete
  3. Ooo I love these! They feel so delicate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I like that they're quite soft and dainty; I usually only marble with darker colours, so it was nice to change that up a bit!

      Delete