31DC2013: Day 29 - Inspired by the Supernatural

As a big fan of the show Supernatural, it's the very first thing that springs to mind when I see this prompt. Last year when I attempted this challenge for the first time, these were my response to the prompt so (since I've wanted to attempt them again for a while now) I embraced nostalgia and did just that!



In the show, there are a few symbols that crop up time and time again: pentagrams, devil's traps, anti-possession symbols. Since they're generally drawn in blood (nice!) I thought it'd be appropriate to use Barry M Raspberry over Essie Blanc for the detailing.


Since I didn't have any pictures of what was on my thumb back in the day, I improvised with a few blood drips because what mani is complete without blood drips, right?! 


My detailing work still isn't quite as precise as I'd like it, but looking back on older designs I can really see how much I've improved over time! 

2 comments:

  1. That must be a mighty fine brush you've got - the detailing is seriously some excellent work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I cut down the brush I used so it's incredibly thin, but even then I had to go over my lines a bunch of times to get them thin enough.

      Delete