31DC2013: Day 31 (1) - Recreate a Manicure You Love

Technically, this should be my last post of the 31DC2013, but since I really enjoyed the challenge this time around, I'm splitting this prompt into two chunks. 

I'll be recreating a mani of mine that I love, as well as one by somebody else. The very first post on here was this lemon pattern and to this day it's still one of my favourite designs, making it perfect for this prompt!


Somebody really needs to take Essie Blanc away from me - I swear I'm using it as the base for everything! Is there a support group for people addicted to white polish? If there isn't there really should be.

For the lemons, I used a combination of OPI The 'It' Color, Revlon Electric, Barry M Lemon Ice Cream and white. The branches are China Glaze Mahogany Magic with white, and the leaves are Essie Da Bush

I used a mid-length striper brush for the majority of the design, but my favourite detailing brush made an appearance when painting the branches and shadows.


I can't place what it is about this pattern that appeals to me so much, but I have some weird obsession with it. I'm constantly staring at my nails whenever I wear this - it's borderline obsessive! I even painted it on both hands, which is something of a rarity.

No comments:

Post a Comment