31DC2013: Day 31 (2) - Recreate a Manicure You Love

Happy International Nail Art Day everyone! Whilst I haven't painted anything specifically for the event, I did recreate one of my favourite Chalkboard Nails designs for the last day of the challenge.

Every once in a while, I'll come across a design that makes me completely freak out because it's just so brilliant; this incredible underwater scene nail art is a prime example!


I used about fifteen different polishes for this design, so chances are I'll miss a couple out! To create the subtle gradient in the background, I used Barry M Blueberry Ice Cream and Barry M Cyan Blue.


After adding topcoat to the gradient, I painted the sand (China Glaze Kalahari Kiss, China Glaze Mahogany Magic, white), then the seaweed (China Glaze Gaga For Green, China Glaze Holly-Day, white).

Next up was the coral (Zoya Arizona, Maybelline Aqua Electric, Revlon Cherries In The Snow, white). I painted the outlines for both fish in black and white, then added the detailing using black and Zoya Arizona for the clownfish, and Revlon Electric for the bannerfish.

The school of fish on my ring finger are a combination of Barry M Lilac Foil and Barry M Silver Foil.

I switched between a detailing brush and a striping brush throughout this mani, and I use dotting tools for the eyes and bubbles.


These may not be up to scratch with the original, but I'm really enjoying wearing it. The clownfish on my index finger is probably my favourite element, even if I am deathly afraid of Finding Nemo! Is that weird? I've never met anyone who shares my fear!

No comments:

Post a Comment