Pretty In Paisley

I seem to be in a little bit of a creative block right now; only about 20% of what I paint even makes it to the photo stage, and only half of those make it to here. I was, however, really into this henna / mehndi pattern which is obvious now that I think of it because post.


I did try this out with a matte topcoat and a regular one, but I definitely prefer the matte version! I also debated on which nude base polish to use, but I finally settled on OPI Don't Pretzel My Buttons. I used China Glaze Desert Sun for the paisley designs, since it's almost the exact colour of faded henna.



Everything was a little too intense and shiny without the matte topcoat, so I added a coat of Essie Matte About You, and I definitely prefer it that way!



Which version of this design do you prefer? Team Matte or Team Shiny?

Tumblr | Instagram | Bloglovin'

2 comments:

  1. I agree this totally looks better matte!

    Love the faded henna look, such a neat idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Elle! I've nominated you for the Liebster Award! Here's my post for more info: http://www.magnifique-nails.com/2013/08/liebster-award.html Hope you decide to accept!

    ReplyDelete