31DC2013: Half Moons

Ever since I filed my nails into this more rounded/oval shape, I've been itching to try out the classic 40s half moon design. I don't quite have the length needed to pull it off completely, but it's still pretty cool!

I used Sinful Colors Easy Going for the pale pink base, then used a striping brush with Barry M Blood Orange to create the arcs for the moons and tips. I would have preferred to use guides for this, but I never seem to have any in when I need them! Following this, I filled in the central area with Blood Orange.

I rarely venture anywhere near these kinds of colours normally, but I feel pretty classy wearing this! It is bugging me a little that the curves aren't completely smooth though.

2 comments:

  1. love it! it reminds me of santa :D

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hadn't thought about that before, but it kind of does!

      Delete