31DC2013: Metallic Nails

Metallic polishes definitely aren't my favourites to use in nail art since the majority tend towards streakiness. That said, this prompt inspired me to create art inspired by one of my favourite shows, Doctor Who, so I can't complain!


The Daleks and Cybermen are arguably the two most iconic monsters of the show, so naturally they were the first two to jump into my head when I was fishing for nailspo! 

I used Topshop Suffuse for the Dalekanium, then added the eyestalks and globes using Sinful Colors Black On Black, Revlon Dreamer and Barry M Gold Foil

For the Cybermen, I used a base of Barry M Silver Foil, then added eyes and mouths using SC BOB again. For the shadowing, I mixed these two polishes together.


I'd like to think this mani could prevent me from being exterminated and/or deleted during an alien invasion! And even if it didn't, I still think it's pretty cool. I'm still a little bummed that I couldn't fit the dalek midsections onto my nails though.

4 comments:

  1. OMG THESE ARE PEEERFECT!!! ARE YOU A WHOVIAN? I WISH I HAD THOUGHT ABOUT THIS WHEN I DID MY METALLIC NAILS!!!! REALLY THESE ARE AMAZING SLDKFJASDLFKAJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thank you so much! I was just looking around for inspiration and my eyes fell on some Doctor Who boxsets, so I thought it was fate!

      Delete