31DC2013: Red Nails

It's challenge time! Since it's the first day of September today (crazy stuff), I thought I'd begin the challenge with a little homage to the upcoming autumnal weather since I'm such a big fan of this season. 

Every so often I like to switch up accent nails, and I'm really liking the way it emphasises the contrast in this design. Just like yesterday's post, the taped triangles were inspired by Gesto Preciso.

I started with a white base (Essie Blanc) on each of my nails, then taped off the triangle pattern on my non-accent(?) nails before painting over them with Rimmel Grey Matter. After smoothing with Seche Vite, I then added Essie Matte About You.

On my accent nails, I used my favourite small detail brush to create these semi-maple leaves. I'm 99.9% sure real maple leaves have five points, but I'm no expert! The different shades of leaf were Revlon Electric, OPI The 'It' Color, Zoya Arizona, Essie Meet Me At Sunset and China Glaze Adventure Red-y.


Red polish may not be my favourite to work with - man, that stuff stains - but I love how it really makes the rest of this design pop. I don't want to have to take this off tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment