31DC2013: Tribal Print

Tribal designs are never my favourite to paint - too many lines! - but I found a print on Shutterstock with a really cool colour scheme that I wanted to try out. My old obsession for lime-y greens really seems to have come back with a vengeance!

To make all the colours pop, I started with a couple of coats of Barry M Matt White. I then added stripes using Barry M Key Lime, China Glaze Highlight Of My Summer, Revlon Cherries In The Snow, Rimmel Grey Matter and Essie Mojito Madness.

I then went back in with a detailing brush and Sinful Colors Black On Black to add all the typical 'tribal print' stripes and triangles. I also used my smallest dotting tool to add a few dots.


These look way better in the flesh since you can't spot all the mistakes, but this is the first tribal print design I've ever been truly happy with which has to count for something! 

2 comments:

  1. i love that green colour by barry m!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Key Lime is definitely one of my favourite chartreuse-y shades out there!

      Delete