31DC2013: Violet Nails

I may be a day late for this prompt, but I rounded off my nails and they look super cute/elegant therefore I've forgiven myself already! I've been wanting to make the change from square nails for the longest time, but I've always been too scared, so today I picked up my file and it just happened! 
What's your preferred nail shape? Which would win in a fight: square or oval?



I didn't have any particular idea in mind when I started this look off. I'd just finished putting together a review for Born Pretty Store, so I was wearing Born Pretty Holo Polish #8 as a base. I love taped designs, so I followed that up with an almost plaid like tape placement before topping it off with Zoya Aurora.


This design contains two of my favourite things to put in nail art (holo polish and tape), so naturally I really love it! I also think I've figured out how to work my lighting setup, which is worthy of a happy dance.

Tumblr | Instagram | Bloglovin'

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! I feel so classy with this shape!

      Delete
  2. The ovals look great on you! What an awesome color combo! *w*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! The only thing better than one holo polish in a design is two holo polishes. And that's 300% factually accurate.

      Delete
  3. This shape is sooo cute on you and I love how blingy this design is! Personally I oscillate between different nail shapes all the time...after a while I start to think a certain nail shape looks weird on me and then I change it haha. I find squares easier to maintain, though - no 'symmetry anxiety' haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The best thing about holos is they have all the sparkliness of glitter without the painful removal.

      I completely understand you with the desire to change shape all the time - something as little as that really affects how I go about all my nail art, it's so strange! I'm a little nervous about messing this shape up when it comes to filing time again; I've become so used to filing into squares argh

      Delete