31DC2013 2.0: Inspired by a Book

Ever since stumbling upon the TV show last year, I've been a teeny bit obsessed with GRRM's A Song Of Ice And Fire series. Fantasy literature isn't something I'm usually into, but there's just something so appealing about these books.


This nail art was inspired by the different sigils of some of the more prominent Houses: Houses Stark, Baratheon, Tyrell, Targaryen, and Lannister. For reference, I've put them into a fancy collage!
Individual images sourced from HBO
My bases are as follows: OPI My Vampire Is Buff, OPI The 'It' Color, China Glaze Gaga For Green, Sinful Colors Black On Black, Barry M Blood Orange. I also used Barry M Matt White, China Glaze Kalahari Kiss, and Rimmel Grey Matter.



The standout design for me here just has to be the direwolf on my thumb; the other sigils aren't quite as neat as I'd like them to be. However, most of my favourite characters are Starks, so that could just be my bias talking! 

Tumblr | Instagram | Bloglovin'

1 comment: