31DC2013: Inspired by a Colour

This prompt is commonly interpreted as being 'inspired by a polish name', but I decided to take a break from that tradition this time around and be inspired by an actual colour. I have a slightly extreme obsession with off-white polishes, so they were bound to be my first port of call!
I started off by alternating stripes of OPI My Vampire Is Buff and Essie Blanc. At this point, it looked pretty clean and chic, but I couldn't get any decent pictures so embellished it a little more.

Whilst scrolling through my feed, these {link} floral french tips by Nails At 2 Am caught my eye. I must have been subconsciously channeling Christine when I was adding the roses, because somehow I ended up with something similar! 


To paint the roses, I used Sinful Colors Easy Going, China Glaze Something Sweet and Revlon Cherries In The Snow, swirled together with a striping brush. I then used a detailing brush to add leaves with China Glaze Holly-Day. I also used Essie Matte About You as my matte topcoat.

Even though the vast majority of my florals are this type of rose design, I can't help but love it anyway!

1 comment:

  1. These are so pretty. I love the detail on the flowers. ^^

    ReplyDelete