31DC2013 2.0: Inspired by Artwork

If I had to choose a favourite artist, chances are, I'd pick Van Gogh. I can't really place what it is about his art that's so great to me, but it just has that special something! This design was inspired by one of his later pieces, White Roses (1890).

I started with a base of China Glaze Sea Spray, then added the stripe of the tablecloth with that mixed with China Glaze Exotic Encounters. The vase is China Glaze Kalahari Kiss and China Glaze Desert Sun, with outlines of OPI My Private Jet (Version III).


The roses themselves are Barry M Matt White, Sinful Colors Easy Going, and China Glaze Something Sweet. The leaves are a combination of Revlon Sassy, China Glaze Exotic Encounters, and Essie Mojito Madness.


This is definitely a more abstract interpretation that I would have liked, but it's still pretty cool in my eyes!

No comments:

Post a Comment