31DC2013 2.0: Inspired by the Supernatural

This challenge prompt had me racking my brains for a while before deciding to do a grungy bat-inspired look. Maybe it's just me, but it doesn't feel quite right to paint anything spooky after Halloween..?



I started with a base of OPI Don't Pretzel My Buttons, then added a grungy sort of texture using a makeup sponge with Rimmel Grey Matter, China Glaze Mahogany Magic, and OPI My Private Jet.


After the distressed base had dried down a little, I added the bats using Essie Lady Godiva and China Glaze Purr-fect Plum.


I can't say I'm completely bowled over by how these turned out, but I don't hate them either. All in all, pretty ambivalent! I do like the texture and dimension the sponged background brings, but I'm not convinced with the bats themselves.

1 comment:

  1. I think spooky nails are fine any time of the year! I love the sponged base, and the bats look amazing :)

    ReplyDelete