Day of the Doctor

For anyone who's been living under a rock, the Doctor Who 50th anniversary episode is airing tonight. And I'm worried. I've been a fan of the show since its 2005 reboot, and if I'm honest, I've felt a little let down by the quality of it recently. Bringing back some of my favourite characters is slightly worrying too - I just don't want Moffat to mess them up!


But now to the nails. I started by creating galaxy accents using a-England TristamZoya AuroraBarry M Gold FoilEssie Aruba BlueEssie Dive Bar, and Barry M Matt White. I then decided to create a TARDIS silhouette using a-England Tristam again over Barry M Matt White.


Since the Daleks and Cybermen are constant figures in the show, I figured I'd pay tribute to them too. The dalek is OPI My Private Jet, with an eye stalk of Sinful Colors Black On Black and Barry M Blueberry Ice Cream. I used striping tape for the body work, and added the domes with MPJ and Barry M Gold Foil. The cyberman is Barry M Silver Foil.


How's everybody else feeling about the upcoming episode? Anyone as nervous as me?

8 comments:

  1. These are soooo amazing! I love the tardis sillouete over white. Can I copy them for my next doctor who design? I love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Feel free to recreate them if you like - just don't forget to credit! Haha

      Delete
    2. Of course!! Thanks and really they are so neat and omg love them

      Delete
  2. This is so fantastic. I'm just realizing now that I'm an idiot since it didn't even occur to me to paint my nails for the event

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only realised that I hadn't painted anything about two hours before it aired, so you aren't alone there!

      Delete
  3. shut up!! i love the sparkly TARDIS!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thank you! In all honesty, I can take back every negative thing I said about the episode - it was pretty fantastic!

      Delete
  4. O_° Amazing! I'm really impressed.... my sincere compliments!

    ReplyDelete