Deck The Halls

A million apologies for disappearing recently - school's been crazy! Luckily it's the last day tomorrow, so I can get back to switching my nails up more often. Today's design is a festive take on the outline trend Madeline Poole made huge about a year ago.


I thought substituting Christmas wreaths for borders had potential to work pretty well, so I started with three coats of OPI Don't Pretzel My Buttons, a clean nude base.



Next came the wreath itself. I used a blend of OPI Thanks A Windmillion and China Glaze Holly Day along with a striping brush. To get the leafy effect, I worked from the outside of the nail towards the centre. 

I then added the bows, first with Barry M Matt White, then with China Glaze Adventure Red-y. For extra shading and tone, I added detail with white and China Glaze Purr-fect Plum.


This was another one of those designs that looked better in my head, but I don't mind too much! Maybe it could have done with some ornaments or berries to spice it up a bit? I am, however, pleasantly surprised by how the bows turned out!

8 comments:

  1. omg these are actually amazing! theyre so beautiful, ive never seen anything like them! OPI DPMB is the perfect base.
    i may have to try this look!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks! I always worry that I've subconsciously taken other people's designs!

      Delete
  2. Your nail art is awesome! I just found your blog and I love it :)
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it - thank you!

      Delete
  3. These are so awesome and so creative! One of my favorite christmas designs so far this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. the nails on my blog were inspired by you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow this is so cute!

    ReplyDelete