Last Christmas (Then and Now)

It really struck me recently how so much to do with my blogging process has changed in as little as a year. I was feeling nostalgic and scrolling through old posts on my Tumblr page, and found a design from last Christmas that I remembered loving at the time. Spoiler alert: it wasn't great.


The design itself was pretty cute; my problem was more with the terrible picture/monstrous nail length. Just a heads up, you may experience feelings of nausea after viewing.


I suppose there isn't much of a purpose behind this comparison. It's just a little crazy to see how so little time can make such a huge impact. 


But now for the nail art. I used a striping brush for the tree base, along with China Glaze Holly Day, OPI Live And Let Die, Essie Mojito Madness, and Revlon Sassy.

The ornaments were created with two different sized dotting tools, and are Zoya Blaze, China Glaze I Herd That, China Glaze I'm Not Lion, and OPI Goldeneye.


I'm a little scattered as to how to end this post now! It's just strange for me to think that these pictures were taken only a year apart. Time is weird.

4 comments:

  1. These are so cute, I love them! I also prefer shorter nails on myself so I'm about to shorten mine again haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I love how neat and elegant short nails can look!

      Delete
  2. I don't think your nail length was monstrous! I really love long nails, but you rock the nubs in a way I never could. I like the changes that have come around, though. It's awesome to see you progress. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The length wasn't so bad but you have to agree that the curling was a little gross! Thank you though!

      Delete