Winter Floral

I needed a palette cleanser from the past few weeks of intense Christmas manis, and what better way to break it up than with a floral? I knew I wanted something with a wintery colour palette that didn't look too cool-toned.


I started with a base of OPI My Vampire Is Buff, then added outlines of the darker flower shapes with Essie Dive Bar. At this point, I thought it was looking pretty good, but I figured it couldn't hurt to fill in the shapes using Revlon Fashionista.


Next, I added the pale blue flowers using Illamasqua Caress. Something was still missing, so I placed dots in the centre of each flower using the opposing colour.


Even though I only painted this to take a break from all the red/green/gold designs I've been surrounded by recently, I quite like it on its own. Simple. Clean. All good things in my book!

1 comment:

  1. This looks gorgeous! I love the wintery colors, especially MViB as a base color :) (beautiful photos, too!)

    ReplyDelete