Gothic-Style Lettering

Aside from nail art, one of my other loves is typography. It's not as much of an obsession, but there have been a few occasions when I've turned a little crazy trying to work out what font something's in! I've wanted to merge the two for a while now, and now it's finally done.


I wanted to pair a really blunt gothic-y font (Lucida Blackletter fyi) with something clean and neutral, almost like old-style knuckle tattoos. There's no particular reason for the wording itself, other than I felt like painting lame onto my nails!


No prizes here for the name of the base colour: OPI My Vampire Is Buff. I used Sinful Colors Black On Black for the letters themselves.


Even though it's visibly clear just how out of practice my free-handing is, I really like how these turned out! I've been gradually slipping out of my nail art groove recently, since my spare time really does just evaporate, but I'm trying to put more time aside for the things I love!

7 comments:

  1. <3 <3 <3 I am so into this man

    ReplyDelete
  2. That "E" is amazing! You make me want to paint all kinds of e-based words on my nails...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I had to redo the E a couple of times, but I hope it paid off!

      Delete
  3. The feel of Lucida Blackletter matches MViB perfectly, if that makes any sense at all... Your letters are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I know where you're coming from there - thank you!

      Delete