31DC2014: Red Nails

In case you missed yesterday's post: today commences the first day of the 31 Day Challenge 2014. With the prompt being 'red', my thoughts immediately leapt to one of the most classic beauty items out there: bold red lipstick.


Although it leans heavily on the pinker side of things, I would have to say that Revlon Cherries In The Snow is my favourite red polish. Naturally, I was inclined to use it. And so, when I remembered that Cherries... actually has a matching lipstick, I was completely sold. 


For my accent nail, I started with Barry M Matt White before adding the lipstick detailing using Rimmel Grey Matter, Barry M Silver Foil, Barry M Gold Foil, China Glaze Kalahari Kiss, and Sinful Colors Black On Black


Although I'm pretty ecstatic with the way in which the detailing turned out, I really want to try this out again at some point, and really fine-tune the shading and colour mixing. 

What do you think? Also, how does everyone feel about red lipstick - love it, hate it? Let me know in the comments!

3 comments:

  1. These turned out so well! I love red lips but sometimes I don't have the confidence to pull them off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this! Seriously awesome. What a perfect detailing. I'm in love. <3
    I'm not much of a red lipstick person, but I think it looks really gorgeous in some people.

    ReplyDelete